Someone once raised the question, “What is an OVERcomer doing UNDER the circumstances?” Perhaps that question was asked in ignorance.
- Noah was under the circumstances when he was in the Ark.
- Gideon was under the circumstances when he surrounded the sizeable Midianite army with only 300 men.
- David was under the circumstances when he was on the run from a murderous King Saul as God prepared his young heart to be a good king.
- Daniel and the other Hebrew students were under the circumstance while in captivity in Babylon when God revealed to Daniel the highly esteemed prophecy.
- Jesus was under the circumstances when He hung on the cross to die for the sins of the whole world.
Think about it. A lump of clay will be under the circumstances while the wise potter presses, squeezes and molds the clay into a useful vessel. “But now, O LORD, you are our Father; we are the clay, and you are our potter; we are all the work of your hand.” Isaiah 64:8.
When I woke up, the sky was overcast. The weatherman this morning told us the conditions under the clouds. We know that above the clouds it is clear and sunny all the time. But we are under the clouds.
How God uses the circumstances to shape us is His business, not ours. “Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for dishonorable use?” Romans 9:21.
If you are one of God’s children and under the circumstances, trust in the Potter. God will use those for your good and His glory (Romans 8:28). Trust Him.